Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hello once again! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd like to share a Valentine's day card I made. For this project, I wanted any color except red, so I worked on pinks, blues and yellows to go with the retro girl digi that I got from Far Far Hill. I used papers from October Afternoon School House .

The curvy label is also from Far Far Hill. It was plain white, looked boring, so I painted it with scrapbook paint in pale pink.

This is a mix of embellishments. A digi rose; a sequin flower; a flower button on a punched flower.

I also stamped the inside panel. The sentiment is one from The Craft's Meow, All You Need Is Love set. I just love the versatility of this set. Good investment! 


Supplies: The Crafts Meow stamp, All You Need is Love. Martha Stewart doily punch. Martha Stewart doily lace punch. October Afternoon Schoolhouse papers. Memory Makers scrapbook paint. Prima Tea and Silk cardstock. Flower punch. button. sequin embellishment. Frilly ribbon.

Please drop by CRAFTER'S REFERENCE BLOG, that's my sister's blog. She's awesome!


9 comments

This is so cute. I love the 50's image and your color combo! That sequin flower is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow again. I always love seeing your work.
Renee

REPLY

Like this sister, so cute! love your color combo.

REPLY

what a adorable card so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week
hugs

REPLY

Hi Venus!! This is so pretty!! I really love that green, quite rare! And I love all the layerings you created!! I just found your blog, from TSTR :) Happy scrapping! I'm your new follower ;)

REPLY

Oh my goodness, this is too cute! Love it!

REPLY

Hello Tammy,
Thanks :-) heheheheh. I'm just starting to have fun with layering :-)

REPLY

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for the generous comment, you're really nice. You are wonderful with layering, too! Thank you for the following. I really appreciate it.

Hugs,
Venus

REPLY

Such a fun card...love the smidge of sequins! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

REPLY

Oh my goodness, Venus, what a fun card! I love the retro look! What a great way to showcase All You Need is Love. Isn't that set fun?

Thanks so much for playing in our sketch challenge. I hope you'll join us again!

Hugs, Lisa

REPLY

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates