Thursday, April 19, 2012

A pleasant day to all of you, my friends, and welcome to Sisters Craft Cafe. It's me Venus, once again, posting my latest creation. I call this Marie Antoinette's Purse because this is how I envision her sending an invite to all her lady friends to a soiree, perhaps.

I created this purse using a free template from the web, which I printed out on a plain pink cardstock measuring 8.5" x 13". I just cut out the outline of the print-out then followed the scoring lines with my Scor-Pal. I decorated the outer part of the purse with this beautiful printed paper from Echo Park Victoria gardens. I wanted a fabulous flap for the purse so, I embellished it with lace, satin ribbon, 3D paper roses, and die-cut leaves, and a "floating" die-cut butterfly.

I also covered the inner flap with the same EP Victoria Gardens paper. I love the rose prints!


Here's a closer look at the embellishments on the flap... I really love these 3D roses. These were made using Sizzix bigz die. After forming the rose, I placed a few drops of glue in the middle then dropped one pearl bead inside. The trick for making the butterfly "float" was to place a transparent plastic strip on the butterfly.

I just want to show you the pin that I made - it's with a Swarovsky crystal bead that came from my broken bracelet.

Of course, a tag that says "You're Invited", would make any girl friend squeal with delight. The purse's handle was also decorated with a satin ribbon.

You can find the purse template by Stampin' Up HERE

I hope you enjoyed this post. l would be glad to know what you think about this creation. Also, my sister and I are giving away some craft supplies to our lovely blog friends. We are inviting everyone to link up. Have a fabulous day!

Venus









14 comments

This is so super cute. I love the purse amazing.


We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
Best of Luck Always,

Hugs from DT Member For Whimsy Stamps Tammy Ortiz

REPLY

Stunning! this is totally gorgeous!

Thankyou so much for sharing this absolutely magnificent purse with us over at Crafting For All Seasons.

xoxox Carly

REPLY

SUUUUCH a pretty purse!!! :) Love what you've done here.
Lisa :)

REPLY

Stunning purse Venus.Thankyou for joining us at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

REPLY

such a lovely purse
thanks for joining us at Charisma
this week
Allisonx

REPLY

OMG this is devine! how fantastic I love it
Thanks for sharing it with the Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

REPLY

Oh My! This is just absolutley gorgeous!!!
Thank you joining us at Fan'N'Funky this week.

REPLY

this is a really beautiful paper purse. I love all the little details,just gorgeous. I would love to get an invite like this one day. This must have taken you sometime to do but it was definitely worth it.

Thanks so much for sharing your project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

REPLY

Wow! Absolutely stunning! Love the flowers, pearls, the littlwe tag, and the gorgeous papers. A fabulous bag.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

REPLY

This is great thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

REPLY

Hi Venus,
What a gorgeous creation. Love the papers & lovely detail. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs,
Andie xx

REPLY

Absolutely gorgeous! I really love this creation! Thanks for joining us at Little Darling Challenges. hugs, Angela

REPLY

this is so pretty x
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

REPLY

oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. I just love all the flowers, and embellishing that you did. I wish I could say that this could be used in the Elphine House Challenge, but I don't see any Elisabeth Bell stamps in there. =( Hopefully you will join us again with more of your beautiful work but including something from Elisabeth Bell as per the challenge rules.
Hugs,
Lynda

REPLY

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates