Sunday, April 8, 2012

News Flash: My card was chosen as Top 3 at Moving Along With The Times - Va va voom challenge

Hello my crafty friends! Let me share this card that I made. I'm feeling the retro theme today and I need lots of birthday cards. My card is 5inches by 6 inches and I'm using one of my fave pin-up girls digi images from Far Far Hill.

To make the edges of the blue card look vintagey, I inked it up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 
Old Paper. Same thing with the other panels and the sentiments. 
I also distressed the edges of the image and the panels. 

I arranged strips of soft, frilly ribbon behind the pillow to make the girl appear very comfy.
She looks lovely there :-)


Join My Giveaway  HERE.

I followed this sketch from I heart 2 Stamp


Challenges entered:
I Heart 2 Stamp - April Sketch challenge
Moving Along With The Times - Va va Voom
Polkadot Doodle - Big Birthdays
The Poodles parlour - Going Dotty!
 Divas by Design Challenge - Anything Goes
Sir Stamp A Lot Challenge - BIrthday




16 comments

Super card, lovely vintage feel. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

REPLY

WOW this is brilliant, I love the way you have done the cushions they do look so comfy, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

REPLY

This is superb, a great card for our VaVa voom Challenge. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
Mau x

REPLY

Great card - like the spotty cushion with the spotty (and other) patterned paper.

REPLY

beautiful creation
hugs and Happy Easter Kate xx

REPLY

Great card! love the retro look too! thanks for joining us at polka doodles this week, Nelly X

REPLY

What a darling creation Venus ~ love the layout and feel!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment ~ I'm so happy you found a 'new look'!
♥Sharon
www.PlumroseLane.com

REPLY

Just stunning hun....and thanks for joining us at Divas too...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

REPLY

Oh I wish lol. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

REPLY

Hi Venus, wonderful image and a great colour choice!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

REPLY

What a real fun card Venus and perfect for our theme.

Thank you so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot challenge and really hope you can join in our blog hop with so many prizes to win.

B x

REPLY

Hi, Venus, Love your site and your work! I found you at The Outlawz and I am now following you!

Chana, DT
The Outlawz!

REPLY

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

REPLY

Great retro feel to your card, Venus! Love your use of fringed ribbon behind the cushion, too! Lisa x

REPLY

Well done on your runner up position at MAWTT, well deserved! x

REPLY

What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining in the Birthday celebrations at Stampalot and good luck!

REPLY

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates