Wednesday, April 4, 2012


Hello my dear crafty friends! I'm so happy to show you my first project with heat embossing. I recently purchased a new toy - Tim Holtz Heat Embossing Tool.  I also bought a Versamark watermak ink and a silver embossing powder, to start with. The Tim Holtz Heat Tool is one of my favorite crafting tools!

My card is 6.5 inches by 8.5 inches, the BIGGEST that I've created, so far. I wanted something fit for an anniversary and/or wedding, with pink and silver motif.

I used The Craft's Meow Valentine's stamp and Hero Arts sentiment stamp altogether. The Versamark ink was okay, and the embossing powder adhered to it. Using the heat tool was exciting. At first I thought it was strong like a hair dryer, but no, it didn't blew away the powders. The next thing I saw was the melting of the powders. Amazing! I was so happy with the result.


I embellished the card using pearls, paper roses, silver fabric leaves, and a triple ribbon. I used Memory Makers Je T'aime printed paper.

Remember to read the instructions sheet carefully before trying your heating tool. You can also watch video tutorials online, like what I did, I watched a video tutorial on the proper procedure of heat embossing on You Tube. You can see the video Technique: Heat Embossing Here

Challenges Entered:
Simon Says Stamp - Use Your favorite tool
Prairie fairy Fridays - Spring Fling
HIMCR 40 - Freestyle
Anything Challenge - #64 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown 92- pastels
The stamping boutique-32 Pastels
Divas By Design Challenge - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenge - Edding / Love 

14 comments

My oh my. Venus, this is ultra gorgeous!! Loving that striking pink ribbon, so beautiful!! That stamp rocks!! :)

REPLY

Beautiful card !! Love the pretty pink and lovely flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week ;)

REPLY

Oh WOW this is lovely!! Thank you for sharing at Papertake Weekly and good luck with the challenge. Judy GDT x

REPLY

This is so pretty and elegant, Venus! Wow! Love the ribbon and flowers...beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us over at The Stamping Boutique! :)

REPLY

This is gorgeous Venus, I just LOVE it! I have a heat gun and a couple of embossing powders but I seem to be a little heavy-handed with them :( I really MUST give them another go.
Hugs, Ali x

REPLY

What a wonderful card, this is just beautiful!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding In My Craft Room Cheers Jennie DT member

REPLY

Absolutely gorgeous card Venus! Awesome job with the embossing!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Challenge Blog! And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! ;-)

hugs...
Melissa

REPLY

Great job embossing. Very beautiful card. Thank you for shaing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

REPLY

wonderful card Venus, very pretty
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

REPLY

This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design. Laura x

REPLY

What an amzing Wedding card thanks for sharing at DReam Valley

REPLY

what a wonderful card - Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week for our first Birthday celebrations
Lisa x

REPLY

Gorgeous card. The embossing looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
Mags
x

REPLY

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates