Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Hello friends! Welcome to Sisters Craft Cafe and this is Venus posting here once again. We're having a new blog look and it's girly pink! For our header, we are using elements from Echo Park Hybrid Graceful Collection. Do you like our new look?


Today I'm sharing a new project that I made for my client at Inkpressive Invitations. This is a wedding guest book inspired by their chosen theme: Ancient Egypt. (Sounds fun, huh?) The couple presented me their caricature to serve as the basis of the theme and color motif... so here it is...


The cover is made of canvass cloth, which I sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist Jack Frost. After leaving it to dry for several hours, the color was spread evenly, producing the vibrant color that you can see here.

Now for the decor... The gold background was made by adhering a gold foil over a chipboard then running it through Tim Holtz tattered doily edging die. To add beauty to a rather plain alpha, I applied blue embossing power over the chipboard then heat embossed it. I used a variety of flowers: ready made satin flowers, Prima, and Martha Stewart Hydrangeas. I also added white fronds, an organza ribbon, and a pin which I made using faux blue swarovsky crystals.


This is how it looks inside... The canvass has to be really neatly tucked in


I also made a box out of chipboard and the book is ready to go....

My Birthday Present

I got a really cool for my 30th-something birthday last July 11.
 It was super exciting and the shipment from Manila was arrived faster than I anticipated.
 

Aove: this is my husband, un-boxing his present for me... I think he's excited too! 
Below: A Silhouette Cameo!!! Weee! See that smile on my face?!
Luanne's been asking for this photo, LOL. 

Sweet! Now I have to find a place for this cool machine...

Hope you liked my post! Thanks to Luanne for the embossing powders, I love them! Visit Sisters Craft Cafe next time for more inspiring projects and giveaways.


Venus


6 comments

love the smash book cover. Congrats! to your cameo. so cool! Kuya Rey is excited too. hehehe

REPLY

I love this!!! It's beautiful!!! Fabulous job!

REPLY

FANTASTIC Present. You're gonna be grinning for quite a while. I have one too, but confess, I haven't been making much use of it. Gotta get busy. Can't wait to see your creations. The book cover you've made is just beautiful.

REPLY

Enjoy your new present. Great Egyptian album. That is a vibrant blue that pops. I am sure the clien tloved it too.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

REPLY

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates