Monday, June 6, 2016


Hello June! Oh how time flies, it's already half of the year! Can you believe it?
I don't want to end this year without creating any scrapbook layouts, so I am here once again,
playing along with the DCWV STACK-A-HOLIC-CHALLENGE FOR JUNE.

The sketch is so nice, made by Susan Stringfellow, you can visit her blog SKETCH SAVVY to see more fun sketches to play with.


My SWEET BLOSSOM cardstock block is still half full. The colors and patterns are gorgeous, 
this has become one of my favorite DCWV stack.



Now, Here's what I did.....
1. I wanted to create a white space on this patterned paper.
So I brushed some gouache paint unevenly.


3. Then I used a heating tool to speed up the drying process.


3. There's a sheet of paper in the stack that has large flowers. I cut out each flower and petit aside...


4. Now check out how I arranged the cut-outs... I used dimensional foam adhesive to create height to some of the flowers.


And this is the finished piece.....
I used alpha stickers for the main title and wrote a short note over the painted surface...


This was a quick, no-fuss, and most of all, FUN layout. I can do like 5 or 10 (LOL)  layouts in one sitting using this sketch. Hahaha! I wish I had the time to do 10.....
BUT...... I was able to create a second layout. I just followed an old sketch out of memory.

TIP: use 3x4 pocket-life filler cards with sayings as alternate to journaling.



THANK you so much for visiting. Please come back for more posts!

VENUS


Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates