Friday, May 24, 2013


Hello friends! It's me Venus.
I've been dreaming of creating a mixed media layout using
texture paste, stencils, and mists.

And finally!

This is my first attempt, and I'm already happy with it!


Look at the flowers and the textured border






Materials Used



To make the paper flowers, just draw 3 different sized petals on the paper, cut it out,
punch a hole in the middle, and attach a brad.



How to Make Leaves

Draw leaf shapes on the paper using a green color pencil and cut


 Next:

Fold the leaf in half, then fold to an angle 




FREEBIE FLOWER TEMPLATE




Here's a quick tutorial at PRETTY PAPER STUDIO BLOG 
on how to make your own flowers
without using a die cutting machine


 Home made Texture Paste
made by my friend, craft and altered art guru CES DE GUZMAN
what you need: Cornstarch, Glue, Gesso
mix them all up until you get a pasty consistency. 
Keep the paste in an airtight plastic or glass container.



Here's another version of DIY Texture Paste from craft artist
GABRIELLE POLLACO



1/2 cup Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons white school glue
1-2 Tablespoons White Acrylic Paint
(some water may be necessary)

Instructions:  I took an air tight container and put in my baking soda.  I then added the glue, acrylic paint and started mixing.  I used a couple of disposable chopsticks to mix it up (we like take out sushi heehee) ....I just mixed to get a smooth consistency, I added a few drops of water to get it to the consistency I wanted.  There are many types of texture mediums in the store, from light to heavy, so the amount of water you add will depend on the heaviness of the texture you are looking for.  Done! --- from Gabrielle Pollaco's BLOG


MY PUBLISHED WORK

You may view my published layout at Creating Keepsakes May-June 2013 Issue




For those of you that don't have the My Memories software and would like it I have a special code for you that you will save $10.00 off the software and also get $10.00 coupon to get some free kits. Use code STMMMS33867

USE THIS CODE (Enter the code not copy and paste)
STMMMS33867



Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates