Saturday, November 9, 2019

As a stamp art enthusiast slash (not so serious) collector like me, receiving an invitation to attend the launching of the National Stamp Collecting Month 2019 is special. I decided to take the opportunity since it would be my first time to witness a stamp launching and I really wanted to meet the stamp artists.

And here's the invitation...  The event was supposed to launch on November 7 but was moved the next day due to a storm warning. 
On my way to the Manila Central Post Office, the 4 o' clock  setting sun welcomed me. The facade of the building is always breathtaking.
Inside, there were panel after panel of exhibited artworks and history of stamps. There was a pop up stage with LED wall in the middle. I missed the program because I was late.

The best part of the event was the meet and greet with the Big 3 Philippine Stamp Artists. I came prepared, bringing along postcards and First Day Covers and mini sheets for signing.
I received a postcard with note from Ms. Beatrix Dabu, featuring the ASEAN costume Stamp she designed, which I will mail to myself for my collection. My collectible mini sheets were signed by the artists, at last.

 After the signing we took time viewing all the illustrations that became stamps. It was so overwhelming and humbling to see a huge collection of great works. As if it weren't enough, we were treated with goodie bags. So my haul included signed collectibles, a cute postcard with grape stamp,  Instagrammable pencils from PhilPost, and a folding fan. Of course, new friendships with fellow Postcrossers Jonathan and Ian.
I have an Instagram @sundayafternoonmail and postcard swap account @postal_friends you're welcome to take a look.  Thank you!! 

Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates