Tuesday, June 16, 2020




Life during quarantine pushed my creativity to the limits not just in paper crafting but also in planning daily meals and cooking with nothing else but a RICE COOKER in the kitchen. For me who is living in a rented apartment with only three years of residence time, it may sound absurd but to be honest, that's what I got plus, a small infrared oven, a portable blender, and an electric kettle. 

One of my favorite soup dish is called "Sinigang". I like it with fresh fish like "Maya-Maya" and sometimes with lean pork (excuse me, vegans) boiled with lemongrass and a dash of real or tamarind powder for a tasty sour soup.  I'm not very particular about the recipe because I only remember how my parents and grandparents made it. 

Below are my top 3 favorite vegetables to put in Sinigang. Kang-Kong is best paired with pork while malunggay and alugbati are usually paired with fish. 


"Alugbati" (Tagalog) Malabar Nightshade

"Kang Kong"  (Tagalog) Water Spinach


"Malunggay" (Tagalog) Moringga

Having only a rice cooker in my apartment during quarantine time, I went to youtube to look for ideas and found DIY BETTY'S RICE COOKER HACK. The simple vlog featured how to cook Sinigang using a rice cooker. Perfect! 


I hope you will also try this  SINIGANG RICE COOKER HACK  and enjoy delicious home cooked meal. 

 










Thank you for leaving a comment! Join us again for more crafty inspiration.

Sisters Craft Café . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates